Saturday, January 29, 2011

Day 11: Starting Another Project

Some Organizing...and On To Cutting Out Some Hearts

Today I moved some more of my sweaters around so I could actually think about beginning another project. Last night I got hooked on the computer googling felted sweater projects. Even though I have more than enough ideas of my own, I couldn't help but get sucked into the tractor beam of just one more idea...then another...then another! It's what happens sometimes. Especially in the early hours of whatever the next day is. In my case it went on until 1:20 this morning. Tired when I woke up today, but soooooo happy that I had so much fun with one of my best friends: Google.

Getting back to the matter at hand...
I decided that I would make a needle book--one of those things designed to hold hand-stitching needles of various sizes so that when you want one you can find it! I have others that I love, but one made of felted sweater pieces seems like a great idea. I was even thinking of having each "page" of the needle book for a different size needle so they could ultimately be wonderfully categorized. So far I'm not sure how to label the pages for this, but perhaps something will come to me.

Here you have my pink paper pattern and the cut out heart from the fabric sweater piece:



First piece as a pattern to cut out the second...much easier than using the paper pattern.


This needs a little attention, as the sweater is full of pills. You can't really see them in this photo, but those dark shadowy dots are the pills. Now I will get a chance to try my new sweater shaver to make a nice, smooth heart.


I hate to tell you this, but I may have to fire my assistant. He is no longer helping, and he is being a big deterrent by grabbing and biting my hearts. But he is so cute! Maybe I can just give him a warning for now. Here is the action shot of him.


Here are the pieces that I have cut. The problem is that the thickness of these is going to make it difficult to "bind" them together as a book. 


The four pieces are already an inch thick. And I wanted to have more pages. This may have to morph into something else. I'm thinking a pincushion instead. There will be more on this subject tomorrow. The saga continues!




Now I guess I don't have to worry about the labeling of the pages in the needle book!

One of my friends made a nice comment about my blog and I wanted to acknowledge it here. She said that my writing sounds like I am sitting down with a friend just having a cup of tea and having a happy conversation. Very sweet, thank you. You know who you are :-]

It looks like I am going to succeed in my latest goal (to start writing earlier in the evening), at least for today! I'm not racing with the clock this time. No Cinderella am I at the stroke of midnight standing in my rags with a pumpkin at my feet and little mice running around. A good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment