Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Day 22/365

A Great Day in the Neighborhood


As I was going about my day doing the multitude of dog walks, errands, and other miscellaneous things that had to be done, I found that I would have a little bit of time to stop by one of my frequented thrift shops to browse around. It was a nice interlude in my very busy day!

I found some things to add to my visual inspirations. Two new (to me!) sweaters. This is what I want to show you today.

Cocoa brown 100% lambswool. So soft! I wish you could feel this one. You would love it.

A close-up of the satin ribbon placket with the gold tone button. Very cool.

Lambswool and angora, another soft one.
(But do I ever choose not-soft sweaters? No!)

This one has a very ample turtleneck. Lots of ribbing.
I must think about what to do with this :-].

In addition to the sweaters, I must mention the padded hangers that I also purchased.
This one is satin with the delicate bow. New!

This one is unique in that it is covered in a patterned cotton floral fabric. 
The great thing about this one is that it has one button on each end.
It must be to keep straps from slipping. I've never seen this before...it is a very sweet  detail.
A Note About A New Link!
 Yesterday I added a new link to my blog. I am making mention of it because I have been inspired by this sweater fabric artist. Her name is Karen Meyers and she has a shop at etsy.com. (Click HERE if you would like to be instantly zoomed to her etsy shop!) Karen makes wonderful purses and other accoutrements using upcycled sweaters. High quality and classy style are characteristic of her items. I have ordered several things from her and have been impressed by what she does. See what you think.

That's all for now.
Until tomorrow!

1 comment: