Saturday, June 18, 2011

A Posie: Day 149

Flower Brooch...
Keeping With A Theme
For Friday, June 17, 2011

In my head--still thinking about flower projects!
Something from my Scrap Basket tonight.

Looking and thinking about what to make. I gleaned some ideas here.

The chosen scraps.

Pink ribbing gathered into a circle for the large part of the flower.
Yellow ribbing cut into sections and added as part of the center.
Small blue square to layer atop the yellow piece.

And a few beads for stamens.
Plan for the backing:
To make a brooch I will add a pin covered with this light pink circle.

Two very small slits cut in the pink circle to accommodate the safety pin and keep it in place.


The back is complete.

My Flower Brooch...or Posie.
To accentuate the orange beads, I stitched three times through the hole in 2 of them.
Interesting outcome.

Have a Great Weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment