Wednesday, April 27, 2011

More Hobby Horse: Day 98

Thoughts
And
Little Brown Horse

Thoughts:

I find that I am becoming a craft blog junkie. This morning I spent...well I won't tell you how much actual... time meandering the Internet for tutorials, blogs, crafting information, as well as checking my regular blog sites (Resweater, for example!) to see what's out there. There is so much information that it can be quite the information overload, though I can't feel that way myself. If there's something I want to try that I don't want to forget where the heck I found, I will either print it (if printable and I think it is something I want to do soon), or bookmark it for future reference. But NOW my morning is gone :-/.

Do any of you have this problem?
(I think a Global Club is needed here.)
What do you think?
Eeekkk!


Now on to:
Little Brown Horse


It is morning officially. About 20 minutes after Midnight. However, this post counts for Tuesday, April 26, 2011. Not a surprise, as you know my usual modus operandi is to burn the midnight oil.
Tonight it's even a little later than usual for me. A late start, but here are the accomplishments for this evening...

Left nostril.

Right nostril.
Aside: I can't claim any part of being great at creating these, but here they are.
Hobby Horse is happy with them.
And of course the main thing is that he can breathe now!

As I was stitching to close the seams I decided to leave the ears open so he can have two ears.
Nothing like being anatomically correct!

Old pony only had the profile with one ear, but he is dear this way.
He really had only one good side, too. But that's another story.

They do like each other :-].

Blanket stitch around the edges.
A little fuzzy...sorry.

Just a note about my projects:

One of the reasons I love making things with felted sweaters is that I am crazy for recycling, reusing, and reducing in general. For most all of the things I make I am using what I have. (Except for the forays to thrift stores for MORE sweaters. That in itself is definitely in the reusing category. )
My history of sewing is long: I have been stitching my little heart out since I was under 10 years old. This explains my vast array of sewing notions, fabric, the right scissors for the right job, etc.

For this Hobby Horse project the only thing that is new is the thread I used to do the blanket stitch to make the seam around the edge of the horse's head.
I love this Prism brand. No mess to pull apart the strands as in normal embroidery thread (though it is perfect for some projects), and it fits most of my needs well. It is a great thickness.

Just in case you haven't tried it, this is what the mega package looks like with it's great selection of colors:


Back to Hobby Horse again:
I will need one more day to finish him.
He needs stuffing and the last touches to get him out on the trail.

See you tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. I think a lot of people fall into this trap. Could be a support group for internet craft searches. For those cursed with slots of time that slip away from them, similar to an alcoholic black-out. With a hard-drive stretched to limits with pages of saved crafts that "you-will-do-one-day" and a bookmark list so long you cant even remember what half of them are!
    Not me of course.. ahem... just what I hear... really! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Zennic Designs! So true.

    ReplyDelete