Monday, April 25, 2011

Hobby Horse: Day 96

Revamping An Old Pony
Sunday, April 24, 2011

At a thrift store I found a dear little hobby horse that needed loving.

Here is the pony:

Poor boy is losing his mane, and a little bit of his stuffing is showing.

This is the other side.
Apparently this guy had no eye on this side. Perhaps mane, but the glued areas are showing (dark splotches by the ear), and no mane is left.

I traced around the horse head shape to make a new pattern.

I placed it on the nice, soft lambs wool sweater, and cut out the pattern

Now for the eyes.
Just the right button must be chosen.
This is one of my button containers.
Black or brown for the eyes? I chose brown.

These are the buttons.
The centers have a bit of metal, the outer rims are a mottled light and darker brown plastic.

Now the eyes are in place.

Time is drawing late.
I thought that the new pony needed nostrils, so I am trying this to see if it will work.
This project will be continued tomorrow.
I need to think about what I want for the mane as well as how to attach it.
Perhaps a few more details as well.

See you then!

2 comments:

  1. This is such a cute idea!!! I LOVE your blog by the way. Come check out a tutorial of mine at

    http://heartfeltmama.blogspot.com/2011/03/felted-wool-nest-tutorial.html

    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Rebecca! You are awesome to leave a comment about my little pony. I will check out your tutorial.

    ReplyDelete