Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Owl: Day 91

A Barn Owl Joining My Project Blog
For Tuesday, April 19, 2011

On April 14, I received an e-mail from Mossy who has instructions for How to Make A Good Listener.
I loved the idea, so am inspired to follow her lead and make an owl.
If you want to make one, too, go to her blog HERE for more information.

Here are the beginnings of my owl:

The sweater I'm using.

This is 50% Lambs Wool, 40% Angora Rabbit Hair, and 10% Nylon.
So very soft!

The instructions say to use a sleeve for the owl body.
This is the sleeve next to my printed directions.


Instead of cutting a separate base, I decided to gather the end of the sleeve.
I like how it turned out.

This is a little bag of plastic filler I made to give the owl some weight so it won't fall over when finished. These are small, plain white plastic beads just for this purpose.
Remember the blue flowered fabric pattern from the Scissors Case?


The owl "sleeve" now has the bag of beads inside and is standing alone.
Tomorrow I will continue to some more interesting parts of little new owl.

Happy Wednesday to You!

No comments:

Post a Comment