Saturday, May 14, 2011

Small Envelope: Day 116

...But Not One To Mail! 

Tonight was one for a small and simple project.
I was running out of steam today after an extended day of adventures, so I needed a Project Breather.
However, not wanting to skip a day in my 365 Mission, I decided to persevere!

Here it is:


I decided to make a Sweater Envelope.
Not sure where this idea came from, but it appeared and I went with the thought.
Here, the pattern is superimposed on the sweater, ready for the cutting process.

 
Now pinned together for the hand stitching.


Decisions:
Button?
Thread colors?
Type of stitch?

The finished product.
I made a running stitch up the sides with a brownish copper colored floss.
The button was stitched with a slightly darker blue floss.


I may use the Envelope to tote my scissors, tape, and pincushion from room to room as I  meander through the house with my various projects, stitching as I go.

Thanks for bearing with me on my Breather Project Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment