Monday, May 16, 2011

Bead Bracelet: Day 118

A Fresh Thought:
Jewelry

For a while I have been pondering the idea of making a bracelet using sweater seams.
Today is the day!

The striped sweater gives the reward of a colorful cord to be the base for the bracelet.
I cut off the side seam, then chose 7 wooden beads and laid out the beads in the order I wanted them.
The holes in the beads needed to be just smaller than the seam so they would 1-fit over the seam,  and 2-stay put when placed.

My jar of beads.
This has given me some inspiration, though most of these have too small a hole for this project.

The finished Sweater Bracelet.
Part of the beauty of this is that it can be knotted for size yet still has the ability to be pulled on since it has an element of stretch. No need to find someone to help you put it on each time. :-]

One of my snakes obliged himself to be the model for the Bracelet!
To photograph it on my wrist is not great, as I can't get the angle I need and I seem to always get a fuzzy photo.
It's good I have happy models to help me out.

Green Spotted Snake was trying to slither away with the Bracelet...
I think he really likes it. It does fit his personality.

This is an easy project.
If you have a felted sweater, a few beads, scissors, and a few minutes of time, you should try it.
Let me know if you have questions.

Have a lovely evening.

2 comments:

  1. Great idea. I have a jar of big wooden play beads that would be neat for this kind of project, but maybe for a belt or something. Love it. I saw some hats and scarves made out of recycled silk in a shop a few weeks ago. It was SO COOL. I would love to find some on a skein and use it for a project like this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Atomic Rose! Great to hear your comments. Your idea sounds like fun. So easy, too. Hope you find the supplies you need. :-]

    ReplyDelete