Sunday, May 29, 2011

Drawstring Bag: Day 130

Camera Battery Conked Out...
No Post Last Night!
For Saturday, May 28, 2011

My friends, I apologize for my lateness in posting Saturday's blog. As I was wrapping up the photos for this project (actually 2 photos from finishing), my camera gave me the warning little red logo and said goodbye suddenly. It doesn't take "No" for an answer, so the only choice I had was to close up shop for the night and wait until this morning--when the battery would be happy and all recharged--to take the rest of the shots...and of course write to you!

Here is my project for Saturday:

Little Drawstring Bag

Lambswool sweater.
Not much left of this one: one sleeve, 1/4 of the upper front section, and some hanging seams!
I
t has been among my favourites.

Cutting off the ribbed cuff.

A 6 1/2" length for my little bag.
A sweater sleeve has so many possibilities!

One seam at the cuff end. This is slightly smaller in width than the top of the bag.
I have trimmed a triangle off the corners so it will be smooth when turned. 

My trusty Seam Roll came in very handy. The first time I've used it since I crafted it.
(HERE is my Seam Roll blog post.)

The Threesome, top to bottom:
Drawstring Bag with bottom seam steamed flat :-]
Seam Roll
Trusty Steam Iron

Ribbon was used to create the drawstring. I used a needle to do a running stitch through the sweater fabric. The wool is most conducive to this--the needle nearly jumps through it on its own.

Two ribbons were added.

And voila, a Drawstring Bag.

Have a Happy Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment