|I took them out one by one tonight to review the stash I had retrieved in the bin of sewing notions.|
Couldn't help myself but to pile them in more or less color categories.
|The pieces of the YoYo Maker: the plastic "plate" (left) and the "disc" (right).|
|The orange cashmere sweater is my subject, the same one I used for the Bed Buddy Cover.|
The disc is engaged with the plate in this photo.
|This is what the underside looks like.|
|The instructions say to cut around the unit leaving an approximate 1/8" of fabric extra.|
|Now for the stitching.|
Basically the needle is stitched through the openings in the plastic template all the way around.
|This is the disc side after the stitching. No change in looks here as yet.|
|Now the disc and plate are popped apart to reveal the stitching.|
(Just wavy looking thread lines around the perimeter. A bit hard to see here.)
|Pulling the thread to gather the edges together.|
|Here is the other side of the tangerine. A little wonky, I admit.|
|But the little citrus fruit looks pretty good.|
Since I used the sweater instead of the recommended fabric I did expect unusual results. I think this could be used as a button. That's why this project is called YoYo Button.
|I made 4 of these this evening. The last one is on the bottom. It turned out best.|
They all look better on the YoYo side.