Monday, May 2, 2011

Paper Chain Thoughts:Day 103

A Trip Along Memory Lane
For Sunday, May 1, 2011

Today I needed another project. I was on a high from yesterday's Envelope Pillow, and had not exactly come up with something for today. Some days are like that. It's not that I don't want to make something, it's just that not every day brings an idea.
My way of pondering sometimes comes in the form of, you guessed it, the Internet!!

Even so, nothing jumped out at me to inspire or actually present a tutorial that grabbed me.

I don't know how this came to me, but I was thinking about the days with my kids when they would make paper chains for Christmas decorations or birthday parties. I remember also how much I LOVED making them when I was a child. The feel of the construction paper; the consistency of the paste that the teacher would put on that piece of paper for us to use for glueing the pieces together. (Did I sniff it...well, maybe just a little.)

Anyway, this gave me the idea.

With the previous projects that I have completed there are scraps left.
I thought what I would do is to make a Sweater Chain (the sweater version of the Paper Chain) using the leftovers. In this way I could have a sampler of all the wonderful sweaters I have used.

I put together a collage, if you will, of a number of my former efforts.
Clockwise:

Dog Bone (dark blue patterned sweater)
China Cup Pincushion
Sweater Box
Sweater Bowl
Drawstring Purse
Cocoa Brown Bunny
Green Chicken
A few others:
Basket Liner
Betz White Flower
Knot Flower
Baby Shoe Pincushion


Between these and others I have begun to cut the strips for the chain.
You should have seen the pile of sweaters on my bed and the stack of scraps to sift through!
My First Assistant was bored with the whole thing...or maybe just ready for a nap...
(I hope the latter.)
He was at least happy that he had a soft sweater for a pillow.

Here are the strips that I cut tonight. Amazing how much time it took to just get this far!
The white "chain" on the right side of the photo is a sleeve section that I will just use as is.
Hope this turns out to be a good idea :-]

Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment