Saturday, May 7, 2011

Odd Little Emery Pouch: Day 109

Completed:
Emery Pincushion

You will need to use your imagination a bit because I have just a few photos for you, and only those of the finished product. I had great ideas of how to encase the emery-filled pouch from last night's project. 

However, the best laid plans sometimes do not turn out to the best advantage. This is what happened tonight. I tried to do two different ideas, but neither was working out so I used a simple technique to make the cover. (The one described in the China Cup Pincushion Tutorial of Day 95.)
I cut out a circle (a size that would enclose the little emery inside pouch), then ran a basting stitch close to the outside edge, pulled up the threads to gather it around the pouch, and stitched it to secure the closure.

I hope that made sense! 

The pincushion reminds me of a sea anemone...
what do you think?
The main thing is that it works as a needle and pin sharpener, which it does.
Hooray!!

Here are a couple of photos to show the finished product.

I made a ribbon hanger for it so I can have it close at hand on my sewing machine.


Anemone at home at last. :-]
A strange, but endearing Emery Pouch.

 
A Very Happy Mother's Day to All.
Enjoy your day!

1 comment:

  1. Great idea Janda, especially the ribbon, sometimes keeping it simple is the best way to go. I had never heard of emery before reading your blogs. Both would come in very useful here.

    ReplyDelete