Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Applique Pouch: Day 63

Daffodils In The Spring...Nearly Spring*


In Southern Illinois everyone wants Spring to arrive. It has arrived according to the calendar, but in actuality the landscape does not show signs of Spring flowers yet. I am bringing some flowers to the area in the way of Sweater Flowers, as this is what I do.

My project for today is making a daffodil applique for a little pouch pocket like I made on Day 53, The Simple Pouch.  I drew a pattern for the applique I want to put on the pouch, then cut it out of a lovely yellow sweater. The interesting thing about this sweater is that the fabric content on the label is written in Katakana so I don't know what the 80%/10%/10% are. The sweater feels soft and wonderful, but I will have to do some more research to see what it is.

For the pouch itself I am going to use a bright green small cable knit patterned sweater that I hot-washed a few days ago. I am so sorry that you must wait to see the photos.

Please check in later for the photos. I hope to have that problem solved soon, but I also want to spend time with relatives here since I haven't seen them for 15 years! Keep a good thought for me. :-]


*Just a note to let you know that the Photo Situation is currently being worked on. Long story, but I will keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment