Sunday, March 13, 2011

Strawberry Sachet: Day 54

Whoosh! It Just Appeared

Today my project seemed to just happen before I took any photos.
I was trying to come up with an idea, and in the process there it was.

Here is the strawberry being cozy with one of my favorite sweaters.
Pink sweater fabric and green wool felt.
The pattern for the strawberry was a small square from which I cut 2 pieces the same size.
I stitched 2 adjoining sides, put a running stitch around the top edge to gather it, then stuffed it just before closing it. The top leaf section was then stitched with embroidery thread.
I forgot to add the seeds! This must be a prototype for future sachets.
The pattern for the leaves. I drew this freehand.
Since I didn't have the proper color felted sweater for this I used some nice wool felt.
No help from my Assistant this evening.
He has snuggled down among the blankets and sweaters on the bed.
The mountain behind him...sweaters to organize!

Monday is around the corner. Hope you have a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment